It’s our privilege to bring you this conversation with our friend Dr. Bryan McElroy. Bryan works as a General Practitioner with a special interest in psychiatry and the spectrum of human psychological and emotional experiences. He incorporated a Diploma in Clinical Psychiatry during his GP training which finished in 2015.
Bryan provides one to one Wellbeing coaching drawing upon his training and experience in “The Work” of Byron Katie, the “Three Principles” of Sydney Banks, EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitisation Reprocessing) and the Alexander Technique.
He is a contributor to “Inside Out-Outside In Transforming Mental Health Practices” published in 2019. In his spare time, he enjoys dancing and spending quality time in nature.
Listen on Apple Podcasts: https://apple.co/3886rLW
- As a GP (general practitioner), what sparked Bryan’s interest in mental health?
- From his experience, are there common themes when it comes to mental health issues?
- As a GP with only 10 minutes (approx.) to take a history, examine, offer a diagnosis and treatment, how does Bryan manage his patient’s expectations?
- How does he deal with the pressure to prescribe medications when not always needed?
- With a wide range of interest and skills, how does Bryan leverage those when seeing a patient?
- How does Bryan work as a GP and yet bring in spirituality into his clinical work?
- What is Bryan’s key takeaway message?
– for healthcare professionals helping others
– for someone experiencing mental health issues
– for non-healthcare professionals helping someone with mental health issues
To connect with Bryan, visit:
Follow us on Facebook: https://byndm.in/facebook
Follow us on Instagram: https://byndm.in/instagram
SUBSCRIBE to the show on Apple Podcasts.